The Congress Working Committee, in a meeting on August 28, decided on the schedule for the election of the president of the party. In the closely watched meeting, which was a virtual one, was attended by the ailing president Sonia Gandhi from abroad. She was flanked on either side by Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
The dates are:
- Date of Notification: September 22nd, 2022 (Thursday)
- Dates of Filing of Nomination: September 24th, 2022 (Saturday) to September 30th, 2022 (Friday). 11am-3 pm
- Date of Scrutiny: October 1, 2022 (Saturday)
- Last Date of Withdrawal: October 8th 2022 (Saturday)
- Date of Election (if needed): October 17th, 2022 (Monday) 10am to 4pm
- Date of Counting and Declaration of Result (if needed): October 19th, 2022 (Wednesday) 10am onwards